Certified Pool/Spa Inspector™ (CPI™) Online Training Course
This item ships free.
Minimum Time to Complete: 3 Hours
By purchasing this course it will be automatically linked to your account and it will NOT generate an access code. To purchase an access code which can be used for someone else, go to Online Courses Access Codes.
The Certified Pool/Spa Inspector™ (CPI™) online training course is designed to provide a standardized training program for health officials and pool operators on conducting pool and spa inspections.  The purpose of this training program is to assure a sanitary, healthy, and safe environment for the public when using swimming pools and spas.  A copy of the Certified Pool/Spa Inspector™ Handbook is provided when you register for the course.
For those that are CPO® Certified, they may get an additional certification through the National Swimming Pool Foundation by completing the course successfully and submitting a certification request with a $30 fee to NSPF.
In this course you will learn:
- The basis for the code requirements and why a violation is a public health hazard
- How to perform an inspection of the pool and spa area
- How to evaluate swimming pool operation and maintenance
- How the circulation system and its components work
- How to evaluate a facility for Pool & Spa Safety Act compliance
- The uniqueness in spa inspections
- About recreational water illnesses
- Supervision and operator records
- The uniqueness of aquatic play features
- Basic swimming pool design standards and their impact on public health